Wednesday, March 12, 2014

ANTS!!!

So, several weeks ago, I was home alone for the day, and I thought, "Ahhh, I can fix something simple for lunch and relax a little bit!" WRONG!!! I walked in our bedroom to get a shirt, and found ants had taken up residency in our clothes! I don't mean one or two ants. I mean thousands of them, and they were building their nests in the crevices of our clothes. I was horrified! We had all our clothes that should be in a dresser, in a suitcase on top of a stool. That is so they don't get a musty smell, because if the suitcase is on the floor, the clothes get damp, and it is just not pleasant. So I began the task of finding the source of the ants. The came from the ceiling, down the cord that holds our pole for hanging clothes, down the sleeve of one of my shirts, onto and into the suitcase of clothing. I only took pictures of the outside, but they were in all the crevices of the clothes with more of the white nest that you see in these pictures. Once I found the source, I started washing the clothes and got all the clothes out of the suitcase and put the suitcase outside in the sun so the ants would leave. It took all morning to wash all the clothes (I had just washed them all two days before), and by early afternoon they were all dry and folded and put back in the suitcase...just in time for Sixto to come home and see me sitting in the hammock...hahaha...so much for relaxing! I thank God that I found the ants before I put on any of the clothes, because that would have been painful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment