Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chickens!!!!

 Okay, so I must say, I am not a farm girl!!! I can rough it, but don't add animals to the mix, please! I say that to say, I HAVE 8 CHICKENS!!!! My dislike for CHICKENS grew when I lived in Pucallpa and if the door to the kitchen open, the CHICKENS would come in and do their business. It really kind of made me mad. But, I'm not bitter.
 Well, here in Campanilla, the people of the church give their first fruits to the pastor. We have been blessed with cacao (which can easily be sold or toasted to use), plantains (which can easily be eaten), other fruits, and CHICKENS. And these CHICKENS don't seem to understand that I don't like them. They follow me around like I am their long lost friend. We have 5 macho and 3 hembra (that is 5 boys and 3 girls). The other day, they followed me to the tienda (store), and they follow me in the church. And they like to sit in my doorway. I can even handle that if they don't come in my house. I can say, one of them is kind of pretty, but I still don't want her in my house. And Sixto is no help. He thinks it is absolutely hilarious!
 I know it is a blessing to have them. I don't want anything to happen to them. For example, when the young people are playing soccer or volleyball, I don't want them to hurt my CHICKENS, but I don't want to cuddle up with the CHICKENS either. I just have to keep saying to myself, "Thank you, Lord, for this blessing of CHICKENS! They will taste mighty fine for Sunday dinner someday!!!"

The CHICKENS!!!!

The CHICKENS following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment